Syndicate Sales, Inc is seeking a certified Medical Assistant to join the Human Resource team and provide expertise to all health related services and benefits. Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00 pm office hours in a manufacturing setting.
Summary of Position:
The Human Resources Medical Assistant will handle all occupational health case coordination with supervisors and providers of care, reporting of accidents in compliance with OSHA standards. This position will assist the HR Coordinator in onboarding of team members, pre-employment drug screens, and nicotine testing. This position will coordinate a variety of clerical and administrative tasks related to health and wellness benefits including but not limited to: FMLA paperwork, troubleshooting medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability claims, and educating team members on their benefit offerings to ensure a holistic approach to the health and wellness of team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handles first reports of injuries and coordination of care for work related accidents in compliance with OSHA and safety protocols.
• Fields incoming requests for information via phone, email and walkins and resolves team member claim or provider problems with medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability claims, and voluntary benefits in a timely and accurate manner.
• Conducts non DOT pre-employment drug screens.
• Conducts nicotine oral tests for wellness premium discounts.
• Coordinates smoking cessation programs and challenges BMI status.
• Editor of monthly wellness newsletter.
• Handles wellness education programs and assists in planning and execution of Annual Health and Wellness Fair.
• Prepare, issue and process FMLA documents in compliance with federal and state laws.
• Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
• Performs other related human resource administration duties as assigned.