The Collections Specialist reports to the Credit & Collections Supervisor. The Collections Specialist is responsible for the collection of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review open accounts for collection efforts.
• Make outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
• Resolve client-billing problems and rescue accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
• Collect customer payments in accordance with payment terms.
• Arrange payment of delinquent amounts, as needed, to release pending customer orders.
• Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
• Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
• Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
• Promptly respond to customer telephone, e-mail, and mail inquiries. Provide copies of invoices, research discrepancies, and other information as appropriate.
• Process new customer applications and obtain responses from customer-provided credit references.
• Set up and maintain customer cards and customer bill-to addresses within the computer system.
• Contact customers as necessary to update accounts.
• Work with Customer Service and Sales departments for resolution of customer account issues.
• Other duties as assigned.